How do I register for services?
How do I get after-hours access to the Library?
- After hours access can only be given to staff with a SCGH Security ID Card.
- Medical staff are given access on commencement.
- Students employed at SCGH are given access for the duration of their course.
- Other staff may apply for approval, email the HOD or t. 6457 1166
Can I access the Library from home?
- Yes. Use your WA Health username and password to log in.
NOTE: You must activate your password onsite before you can access resources via login.
- Students enrolled in hospital-based courses should use the login provided for the course.
Can I download eBooks to read offline?
- No. Our licensing does not allow eBooks to be downloaded. They are intended to be viewed via the publisher’s website.
How do I renew my loan items?
- Go to the Library Catalogue
- Click My account (under 'My Library' on the right)
- Enter your name and barcode (provided on registration) and click Submit
- A list of your borrowed items will appear with the due dates
- Click Renew All or tick the items you wish to renew and click Renew Selected
- Phone the Library on 6457 4143
How do I put a hold on a book that is currently on loan?
- Email, visit the library or phone us on 6457 4143
Can I borrow from other Health Libraries?
- Yes. Send details of the book required to the Library via email or t. 6457 4143
How do I request articles the library doesn't have?
How do I order a book or journal for my department?
- Use the Dept Book/Journal Order form. Please ensure the purchase is authorised by the Head of Department or Division.
Can I get a quote before buying?
- Yes. Please request a quote in the comments section of the Order Form or email the Library.
Does the library have a scanner/fax/copier/printer and how much does it cost?
- Yes. A scanner and fax are available for your convenience.
Does the library have an image library?
- Approximately 2 million images and associated multimedia are available in ClinicalKey and may be used in your PowerPoint presentations or papers. Attribution is required.
- The SCGOPHCG Audio Visual Production Unit can provide access to an image library and offer a graphic design service.