How do I register for services?
How do I get after-hours access to the Library?
- After hours access can only be given to staff with a SCGH Security ID Card.
- Medical staff are given access on commencement.
- Students employed at SCGH are given access for the duration of their course.
- For queries, email the HOD or t. 6457 1166
Can I access the Library from home?
- Yes. Use your HE number and Active Directory password to login. NB: You must activate your password onsite before you can access resources remotely.
- Students enrolled in hospital-based courses should use the logon provided for the course.
Can I download eBooks to read offline?
- No. Our licensing does not allow eBooks to be downloaded. They are intended to be viewed via the publisher’s website.
How many items can I borrow & for how long?
- Maximum - 5 items
- Loan period - 4 weeks
- High demand items - 2 weeks
How do I renew my loan items?
- Go to the Library Catalogue
- Click My account (under 'My Library' on the right)
- Enter your name and barcode (provided on registration) and click Submit
- A list of your borrowed items will appear with the due dates
- Click Renew All or tick the items you wish to renew and click Renew Selected
- Phone the Library on 6457 4143
How do I put a hold on a book that is out on loan to someone else?
- Email, visit the library or phone us on 6457 4143
Can I borrow from other Health Libraries?
- Yes. Give the details to library staff in person, via email or t. 6457 4143
How do I request articles the library doesn't have?
- Use the Article Request form. You must be registered with the library to request articles.
How do I order a book or journal for my department?
Can I get a quote before buying?
- Yes. Indicate your wishes in the comments section of the Order Form or email the Library.
Does the library have a scanner/fax/copier/printer and how much does it cost?
- Yes. A scanner and fax are available for your convenience.
- Colour printing and photocopying is 20c per page.
- Black & white is 10c per page.
Does the library have an image library?
- Approximately 2 million images and associated multimedia are available from ClinicalKey alone, and may be used in your PowerPoint presentations or papers. Attribution is required.
- SCGOPHCG has an Audio Visual Production Unit with an image library, graphic and poster design service and more.